Highlights from International Women’s Day celebrations
8 Messages from 8 Women for March 8th
On International Women’s Day, March 8, KAIROS kick-started the campaign 8 Women, 8 Messages, highlighting the voices of a few of the many courageous, creative and tenacious women we work with in Canada and all over the world.
You can find all the memes and links to the video messages below-
KAIROS at the UN Commission on Status of Women (CSW63) in New York
It was a busy week for KAIROS partner Agnes Petia, the Coordinator of the South Sudan Council of Churches National Women’s Programme (SSCC-NWP) and Jane Thirikwa, Global Partnerships Coordinator, who joined thousands of women human rights defenders and activists from around the world as they gathered at United Nations Headquarters in New York for the Commission on Status of Women (#CSW63). Read their blogs and see photos and feel like you were there!
- Read highlights from the reception at CSW63.
- Read about a session on “Holistic Care for Survivors of Sexual Violence in Conflict” hosted by Nobel Peace Laureate Dr. Denis Mukwege.
- Read reflections on the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW63) by Jane Thirikwa, KAIROS Global Partnerships Coordinator.
- View Photo Album here
Facebook Live Discussion on International Women’s Day
On March 8, Dawn Maracle and Rachel Warden addressed comments and questions from the subscribers through Facebook Live. The open discussion revolved around reflecting on International Women’s Day and #BalanceforBetter, highlighting the work of partners particularly Indigenous women and women human rights defenders around the world, directing people to action and sharing what it means to be a woman working in a non-profit space in Canada.
You can watch the live here: Facebook Live on IWD
Partners’ celebrate International Women’s Day
KAIROS has the privilege of working with women human rights defenders and women’s rights organizations in Canada and all over the world who work tirelessly for equity, peace, human rights and ecological justice every day of the year.
- Some partners shared how they celebrated and marked international women’s day. Read here: In Colombia Women Continue Braiding for Life, Territory, and Peace
- In the following blog Partnerships Manager, Rachel Warden reflects on the meaning #BalanceForBetter in the current context You can read her blog here: Balance for Better = Equilibrium for all
Global Affairs Canada is providing the Women of Courage: Women, Peace and Security program with financial support from 2018 to 2023, making it possible for KAIROS’ partner organizations to greatly expand their capacity and increase their impact. KAIROS needs to raise funds to match the government’s contribution and we need your help!
Every $1 you donate to our Women of Courage: Women, Peace and Security partners will generate an additional $3 in funding from Global Affairs Canada.