Director of Operations
KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives is seeking an individual to fill the role of Director of Operations on a full-time permanent basis (35 hours/week) in Toronto, ON. KAIROS is a small to mid-sized organization.
KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives is an ecumenical movement for ecological justice and human rights. KAIROS includes three program Circles, a network of activists, and regional representatives, educators, and partners in Canada and around the world who help guide our work. Staff are located in the Toronto office and home offices across the country. (www.kairoscanada.org)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of KAIROS in collaboration with the Senior Management Team. They provide leadership, oversight and administrative direction to the Finance, Human Resources, Communications and IT functions by creating and implementing strategic plans for advanced cohesion. As part of the Senior Management Team, they will support operational activities through strategic planning, resource development, process and protocol design, and managing for results. The current primary areas of responsibility are:
- Operational Leadership;
- Financial Management and Control; and
- Human Resources, Communications, and IT Management.
To request a copy of the full position description, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All KAIROS staff will exhibit practices that recognize and uphold principles of diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI), anti-colonialism, anti-racism, and anti-oppression (ARAO), exemplifying these principles in their day-to-day interactions with colleagues, partners, hosts, members, donors, supporters, and the public, and contribute to the organization’s DEI and ARAO development at the individual, team, and organizational levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in operations and finance, including experience in the nonprofit sector, together with a minimum of five (5) years experience managing teams executing strategy in a senior role;
- Financial management experience in developing and managing budgets and preparing of projection plans with a budget of $750,000 or more;
- Commitment to the mission and values of KAIROS and comfort working in an ecumenical Christian context;
- A fundamental understanding of current issues and challenges facing individuals from under-served communities and historically underrepresented groups, with a particular focus on issues relating to racial, gender, climate, and migrant justice;
- Strong operational capabilities with experience in operational leadership and management including relationship management skills to facilitate strategies across the organization;
- Experience advancing an organizational culture into one of inclusivity, and equity;
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly and build strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to build, manage and mentor high-performance teams;
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), collaboration and facilitation skills;
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with multitasking capabilities; developing project plans, coordinating projects, communicating changes and progress, and completing projects on time and budget;
- Adaptive and flexible to meet changing needs;
- Proven experience in influencing senior management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization to invest in behavior and culture change that is rooted in systems, policy, and best practices;
- Highly effective analytical and decision-making skills with outstanding attention to detail; and
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, One Drive, Teams, Zoom, and other social media and online platforms.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, KAIROS will aid employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
The annual salary for the Director of Operations position is $91,344.33. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
KAIROS has adopted a hybrid workplace model, providing flexibility for this position. This position will work both remotely from home office and have in-working days in the office in Toronto. Sitting and viewing a computer screen for long periods, keyboarding/using voice recognition software, intermittent physical activity including sitting, standing and being on the phone for long periods of time will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting job number K23-01, to Human Resources, e-mail: email@example.com
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and KAIROS’ Equity and Inclusion policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.