What We Do
KAIROS deliberates on issues of common concern, advocates for social change and joins with people of faith and goodwill in action for social transformation.
From churches and communities to Parliament hill and the United Nations, we:
- Defend dignity and human rights for all.
- Promote just and sustainable energy policies.
- Build right relationships with Indigenous peoples.
- Inspire Canadians to seek climate justice.
- Link women of courage around the world in common actions to end violence.
- Urge companies to respect human rights and ecological integrity.
- Join together across denominations in worship that inspires faithful justice.
KAIROS conducts research, policy development, education, advocacy and grassroots action. Our work is bold, transformative and non-partisan, and benefits from strong partnerships with networks in Canada and around the globe.
I have found KAIROS’ research on oil, natural gas and NAFTA very useful, reliable and comprehensive… KAIROS’ research is invaluable.
Dr. Gordon Laxer, Director Parkland Institute, University of Alberta
People in our congregation have grown in their understanding of social, human rights, and international development issues through KAIROS resources and programs…
The Presbytery of Newfoundland, The Presbyterian Church of Canada
The support of KAIROS permits us to implement programs which include legal and health services, community kitchens… that have saved lives and given new opportunities to hundreds of women and their families and communities.
Yolanda Becerra, Organizacion Femenina Popular, Colombia
The initiatives of the Canadian churches through KAIROS have inspired continued faithful ecumenical action not only in Africa, but around the world, to uphold human rights.
Archbishop Desmond Tutu, South Africa