KAIROS Canada Submission to the Arctic Policy Framework Consultation Process
KAIROS Canada made its formal submission to the Arctic Policy Framework Consultation Process on February 28, 2018. This submission comes a year after KAIROS participated in the NGO Roundtable on the Framework, on February 7, 2017.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced in December 2016 that a new Arctic Policy Framework would be co-developed in collaboration with Indigenous, territorial and provincial partners to replace Canada’s Northern Strategy (2009) and the Statement on Canada’s Arctic Foreign Policy (2010).
KAIROS representatives who signed the Submission are:
- The Rev. Aigah Attagutsiak, St. Margaret’s Parish, Anglican Diocese of Ottawa
- The Right Rev. Mark MacDonald, National Indigenous Anglican Bishop, Anglican Church of Canada
- Will Postma, Executive Director, Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund, Anglican Church of Canada, KAIROS Canada Steering Committee
- Deborah Tagornak, KAIROS Canada Steering Committee
- Henriette Thompson, KAIROS Canada Indigenous Rights Circle member
With the exception of Rev. MacDonald, all co-signers participated in the NGO roundtable. Their submission elaborates on six themes identified in the Arctic Policy Framework consultation.