Education for Reconciliation Petition Deadline Extension
A BIG THANK YOU to the hundreds who have submitted petitions in support of KAIROS’ Education for Reconciliation action and to the thousands who have signed. As of March 10 we have in hand more than 200 signatures for each of Alberta, New Brunswick and Quebec, more than 400 for Manitoba, and over 3,000 for Ontario!
Please continue to send in your petitions. It’s not too late!
Our goal is to present petitions in the provincial and territorial legislatures in two stages. In those jurisdictions where we have enough signatures by April 30, we will present them in the spring. In others, we will present them in the fall, with an October 15 deadline for receiving petitions. In addition to the presentations, petitions can be used when meeting with individual politicians.
There will be ongoing opportunities to educate and advocate on this issue, including before and after the Mass Blanket Exercises in June, around fall presentations and beyond, until we realize the change we seek.
Here are some other ways you can support this campaign:
- Post pictures of petition signers on social media with #TRC62 or @kairoscanada.
- Take ActionOnline. Send an electronic letter directly to your MPP/MLA.
- Plan a meeting with your local MPP/MLA. Learn more in this month’s training webinar.
- Learn More. Join us for Online Campaign Updates or watch the videos of those you’ve missed.
- Host an Event. Gather your community for a public petition signing or workshop.
Please contact Shannon Neufeldt at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.