KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives unites eleven churches and religious organizations in faithful action for ecological justice and human rights.
* Canadian churches and religious organzations united in faithful action for justice
* Ordinary Canadians, of faith and conscience, working together for extraordinary change
* People from Africa, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East partnering with Canadians to change the world
Anglican Church of Canada
Christian Reformed Church in North America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
The Presbyterian Church in Canada
United Church of Canada
Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Canadian Catholic Organization for Development and Peace
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
Canadian Religious Conference
Mennonite Central Committee of Canada
The Primate's World Relief and Development Fund (PWRDF)
What We Do
From churches and communities to Parliament hill and the United Nations:
* Defend dignity and human rights for all
* Promote sustainable energy policies
* Build right relationships with Indigenous peoples
* Inspire Canadians to seek climate justice
* Link women of courage around the world in common actions to end violence
* Urge companies to respect human rights and ecological integrity
* Join together across denominations in worship that inspires faithful justice
How we do it
Rooted in theological reflection, KAIROS pursues ecological justice and human rights through...
"I have found KAIROS' research on oil, natural gas and NAFTA very useful, reliable and comprehensive... KAIROS' research is invaluable."
- Dr. Gordon Laxer, Director Parkland Institute, University of Alberta
"People in our congregation have grown in their understanding of social, human rights, and international development issues through KAIROS resources and programs..."
- The Presbytery of Newfoundland, The Presbyterian Church of Canada
"The support of KAIROS permits us to implement programs which include legal and health services, community kitchens... that have saved lives and given new opportunities to hundreds of women and their families and communities."
- Yolanda Becerra, Organizacion Femenina Popular, Colombia
"The initiatives of the Canadian churches through KAIROS have inspired continued faithful ecumenical action not only in Africa, but around the world, to uphold human rights."
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, South Africa