A virtual parallel event at the NGO-CSW66 Forum.
Session will be available in English, French and Spanish.
- Broaden the approach and intersection of Women, Peace and Security to include economic injustice and the climate crisis.
- Support wholistic women-led peace initiatives, which include human rights, peacebuilding and environmental and climate justice.
- Learn from the perspectives and experiences of KAIROS partners -local women’s organizations, peacebuilders, environmental activists and human rights defenders from Africa, Latin America, Middle East, Asia and North America.
- NATY ATZ SUNUC: President of Board of Directors and Legal Representative, Kaji’ Ajpop, Guatemala. Naty is a Maya Kaqchikel woman.
- SHERRY PICTOU, PhD: Honorary District Chief, Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq, & Assistant Professor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada.
- CHANTAL BILULU: Program Officer, Women and Children Program, Héritiers de la Justice, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- BEVERLY LONGID: Coordinator, International Indigenous Peoples Movement for Self-Determination and Liberation, Philippines.