This webinar is an introduction to the Empowering Temporary Foreign Workers during Covid-19 project, including conversations and a Q&A session with:
- Lori Ransom Interim Executive Director of KAIROS
- Francine Burke of the Durham Region Migrant Workers Ministry
- Peter Ciallella of the Center for Migrant Workers Solidarity in Simcoe
Join us to discuss:
- Services for Temporary Foreign Workers, in particular migrant farm workers
- Increasing awareness amongst Temporary Foreign Workers of health and safety precautions related to COVID-19
- Services and benefits available during the pandemic
- Gaps in existing supports and services within the current COVID-19 context
- Strengthening capacity of the network to accompany Temporary Foreign Workers in accessing services and benefits, and to exercise their rights
This is the first in a series of Information and Resource Sharing Webinars to Strengthen Capacity and Build Solidarity During Difficult Times.
To attend, please register here
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program.