Neighbours for the Planet is excited to join with neighbourhood Faith Communities to celebrate the Season of Creation, marked annually every September 1st to October 4th by several Churches.
On Sept 27th, Faith Communities, NftP and Climate Action movements come together virtually to celebrate the beauty and wonders of planet earth, to lament the destruction that has become a serious threat, creating Climate Change Emergencies world-wide; and to find New Hope for our Planet.
This is our Common Home, let’s come together to discuss what we can do individually and collectively to protect and care for our planet.
The Covid 19 may have constrained us but it has also awakened in us the need and potential to care for our earth.
An Intergenerational Guest Panel will each speak, followed by questions from the audience.
- Kevin Ka’nahsohon Deer – Mohawk Faithkeeper, Acting Vice President, Academic at First Nations Technical Institute in Kahnawà:ke
- Dr. Sylvia Keesmatt – Biblical professor, Creation Speaker, Permaculture Certified
- Dr. Martin Bush – Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering and Fuel Technology, author of 2 books on the Climate Crisis
- Steve Lee – Youth Climate & Sustainability Activist, Policy Advocate to UN
- Aimee Tai – Youth Climate Change Activist , Climate Reality Leader, High School student
The event will be moderated by Rev. James Ravenscroft – Minister, Richmond Hill United Church, Social and Ecological Justice Activist
Organized by St. Mary’s Anglican Church, Richmond Hill United Church and Neighbours for the Planet.