This will be a hybrid event.
Attend online or in-person at Grace Presbyterian Church (1009 – 15Th Avenue SW, Calgary).
9:00 am (MDT) – LEARNING EVENT
What does hope look like in a time of climate chaos?
How does faith help us to make a difference?
Join Rev. Tony Snow, Sarah Arthurs, and other Calgary faith leaders as they share faith resources to inspire hope and action.
What does hope look like as we face the Climate Crisis?
- Is it going on an Exodus from what is familiar theologically and spiritually and being open to the new thing God is doing?
- Is it leaving home without knowing our destination?
- Is it becoming the community as we travel on this Exodus?
- Is it falling in love with the Earth again, for the first time?
- Is it welcoming the wisdom of our Indigenous neighbours and their generations of living in close connection with the Earth?
- Is it learning to sit with not knowing and the absence of certainty? Is it knowing the intimacy of God in that space?
- Is it unpacking the traditional Christian belief that the Earth is the first Testament – where we abide and where God is hidden and revealed?
- Is it recognizing the complexity and constraint of anxiety and fear as we face the enormity of the climate emergency?
- Is it taking the next brave step – whether that is selling your car, putting solar panels on the roof or speaking up for wild places and wild creatures that are threatened?
Tony Snow – Grounding in the Land and the Elements
Sarah Arthurs – Experiencing Hope in a time of EmergencE/CY through the Practice of Community
Liz Rees – The Mystic/Contemplative path and why it offers Hope and Wisdom in our Times
Robin Hope Gayley – Wild Church: a grassroots movement inviting connection with creation
Dave Saude – What do you Pack for the Journey into Hope?
Doreen Kot – Parkdale United Church – How to create an Energy Efficient Church building
12:00 pm (MDT) – LUNCH & SHARING
Join us for lunch to hear stories from around the Prairies North region. This will be a time to share with each other, build new relationships, and be inspired.
Contact KAIROS Prairies North or sign up for email updates at: email@example.com.