Funded by the Government of Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program, this project targets the Maritimes and Ontario and will end on June 30, 2021.
Government of Canada funds will be used to expand support and services to temporary foreign workers in these regions. It is a timely and much-needed funding infusion for our partners and community organizations that have been supporting workers with limited means throughout the pandemic.
The project’s key components are information sharing, and capacity building to provide access to resources and services for temporary foreign workers.
For more information read the press release – Federal funds aid KAIROS and partner support to agriculture workers: $2.1M in funding to assist temporary foreign workers who are affected by COVID
If you are a temporary foreign worker in Ontario or the Maritimes, and are in need of information, support or assistance to access services, please contact the partner organization closest to you.
- Center for Migrant Workers Solidarity in Simcoe (ON)
- Contact: Fanny Restrepo Belcoski, General Coordinator and Director, email@example.com
- Project mobile/WhatsApp: 1 (226) 931-9745
- Center landline: 1 (519) 426-9595
- 37 Kent Street South, Simcoe Ontario N3Y 2X7
- Cooper Institute (PE) | Facebook
- Contact: Fallon Mawhinney, ETFW Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Durham Region Migrant Workers Ministry (ON) | Facebook
- Contact: Francine Burke, Project Coordinator, email@example.com
- (289) 638-7722 (mobile)
- Filipino-Canadian CommUNITY of New Brunswick | Facebook
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (506) 476-7526
- No One Is Illegal – Halifax (NS) | Facebook | IG | Twitter |
- Contact: email@example.com
- The Neighbourhood Organization (ON) | Facebook | IG | Twitter
- Contacts: Ahmed Hussein, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org; Jennifer Rajasekar, Manager, email@example.com
“People brought to Canada from overseas to work here are often not aware of or are unable to access available services or advocate for themselves if their rights are violated, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.”Connie Sorio, Migrant Justice Coordinator, KAIROS
Useful documents for temporary foreign workers
Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) for Newcomers | ENGLISH and FRENCH |
Your Rights Under the Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Act, 2009 | ARABIC |ENGLISH | FRENCH | HINDI | PORTUGUESE | PUNJABI | SIMPLIFIED CHINESE | SPANISH |TAGALOG | THAI | TRADITIONAL CHINESE | URDU |
Project lead: Connie Sorio, Migrant Justice Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media: Cheryl McNamara, Media Coordinator, KAIROS Canada
416-875-0097 (mobile), email@example.com