See 2022 Youth Poster Contest here.
Winners, public choice
Selection was based on 3 criteria:
- use of imagination;
- artistic rendering ; and
- theme matching a KAIROS area of work.
KAIROS choice winners
KAIROS honourable mentions
About the contest
To mark its 20th anniversary, KAIROS wants to lift up the artistic work of young activists. We are looking for original artwork that shares a message of justice, peace and hope – artwork that will help us as a movement and a community embrace this kairos moment and lead us into action towards the just and sustainable world we want to build.
Prizes and benefits
- CASH PRIZES: $100, $75 and $50 – will be awarded to the three artists with the most online votes. One prize per person.
- PROFILE: All submissions will benefit from ongoing KAIROS web and social media highlighting.
- SUPPORTING THE CAUSE: A special “KAIROS Choice” award will be given to the submission(s) the judges (KAIROS staff & volunteers) feel best represent the work and goals of KAIROS. This piece or pieces will be given further profile as they are featured in one or more KAIROS publication, poster or banner for ongoing use by the organization.
- BRAGGING RIGHTS: All winners will be declared at the public KAIROS 20th Anniversary Youth Event on Sunday October 24 and proclaimed on social media.
- Youth is defined as being under the age of 30.
- All art submitted must be original and created by the person making the submission.
- Art is inspired by one of the following KAIROS themes: Indigenous rights, KAIROS Blanket Exercise, migrant rights, gender justice (women of courage), global partnership or ecological justice.
- No limitation on medium used. Inclusion of the written word or poetry is encouraged.
- All submissions must be submitted digitally on Facebook before October 17, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- More than one submission per artist is allowed.
- Declared winners agree to submit a high res digital file of their artwork for KAIROS use.
- Artists retain the copyright to their work.