“Territorial Feminisms and Diverse Ecologies”: A series of virtual gatherings on women and land defense
The Latin American Network of Women Defenders of Social and Environmental Rights, a KAIROS partner, will be hosting a series of virtual gatherings collectively called “Territorial Feminisms and Diverse Ecologies” from August to December 2020.
The ten gatherings are organized around themes related to women and land defense, such as environmental racism, South-South alliances for the defense of lands and bodies, environmental violence against women, communitarian economies, etc.
Speakers include women land defenders from across the Global South: Goldman winner, Francia Márquez (Colombia) as well as KAIROS partners—Natalia Atz Sunuc (Guatemala), Ana Guadalupe Matzir (Guatemala), and members of Acción Ecológica (Ecuador).
While all the gatherings will be in Spanish, English simultaneous translation will be provided for half of the gatherings:
- August 11th | Environmental Racism and the Exploitation of Communities and Nature; Two Faces of Injustice
- September 8th | Just Transition from the Perspective of Women, Territory, and Nature
- October 6th | South-South Alliances for the Defense of Lands and Bodies
- October 20th | Chaski Warmi: Women Messengers for an Abya Yala Free of Mining (this gathering is based on a tour that KAIROS supported last year)
- December 15th | Indigenous Thought and Communities
All gatherings take place on Tuesdays and start at 9:00AM Ecuador time (10:00AM EDT, this will change once Daylight Saving Time ends). For more information on each gathering, a list and bios of all speakers, and Zoom links read the program booklet. Follow the Latin American Network of Women Defenders of Social and Environmental Rights on Facebook and Instagram for updates.