Friday October 29: In-person party where you are
Do you like a good party? Is it safe to gather in your community? If yes, why not call together friends and networks for a local in-person gathering on Friday, October 29, the day after the national virtual event. Take this opportunity to raise a glass to 20 years of solidarity in action; share stories, pictures and some laughs to fuel the present work; and dream together of a better world in the decades to come.
- Let us know your plans and we will share public events on the KAIROS calendar.
- From a handful of friends in your home to a larger public gathering in an open space, make your KAIROS20 party your own. Casual or formal? Big or small? Lively or serene?
- Serving food and drink is key to the party feeling; music, live or recorded, adds to the atmosphere. A jam session can really get the spirit flowing.
- Consider sharing photos of local KAIROS events or activists over the years.
- Consider giving party-goers a place to dream of the world they want to see by 2041 (white board, large paper or cloth banner and appropriate markers). Send in a good photo to be included in the KAIROS 2021 time-capsule.
- This is a great opportunity to invite new people to your group!